Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Positive Affirmations - The Antidote to Negative Thinking


Do you find yourself caught up in negative self-talk? Are emotions like frustration, sadness, and regret all too familiar to you? Do you tend to blame others for everything that is "wrong" in your life?

The bad news is you are suffering from the condition of Negative Thinking! The good news is: you can be "cured"!

You may have noticed the economy is not the best it could be. There are many negative forces at work every day and news reports are quick to cover them all. But your life does not have to reflect the depth of all that doom and gloom. You can distance yourself from the emotion of that negativity and just slide yourself into a sublime, positive-feeling place of your own creation.

For part of my life I believed that negative thinking was genetic, and that I unfortunately had inherited the DNA coding for it. For a long period of time, I was resigned to accept the way I was as my "fate or misfortune".

It took a lengthy journey of inner work to overcome the negativity, through years of personal transformation and enlightened self-discovery. I am at the glorious point where I have effectively integrated positive living and thinking practices into my life. Do I think happy affirmation-type thoughts all the time? Absolutely not, but I have learned to focus my thinking for longer and longer periods on better-feeling thoughts. The result is definitely a better-feeling me!

The concept of positive thinking and affirmations is not a brand new one. "You've got to accentuate the positive; Eliminate the negative. And latch on to the affirmative; Don't mess with Mister In-Between" are the words to an old Johnny Mercer tune. Maybe Mr. Mercer was ahead of his time. His upbeat message was certainly right on target for joyful living!

It is in today's technological age where information is so easily shared that these enlightening principles are available to everyone. Anyone can learn to experience greater happiness and an increased sense of peace with the world.

Two of the amazing "tools" that have assisted my journey are Positive Affirmations and Law of Attraction principles. The former actually helps bring the latter into action. Positive Affirmations are those wonderful inspiring statements that we say to ourselves to bring more joy into our experience. They are the "antidote" to all the negative statements that often dominate our thinking. They are empowering, uplifting statements which help raise our personal vibrations. As our vibrations become lighter, brighter, they begin to attract other positive aspects into our own experience. As we live more fully with our affirming statements, our realities change for the better.

Here are some affirmations for you right now, to start you promptly on your better-feeling path. Say them aloud (if possible) and say them often! Focus on feeling the positive emotions carried within these statements:

I think about my body in positive ways. I am filled with energy and vitality!
I have everything I need to attain all my goals.
I find the good in every situation.
I relax into the flow of life and trust that the Universe will provide all I need.
My inner wisdom guides me toward the best outcomes.

Affirmation, Attitude, Action:
Money flows more and more easily into my life. I am worthy of supreme happiness and great prosperity. I welcome the supportive guidance from an abundant Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment